Well, if the cat’s got your tongue when it comes to preparing dazzling side dishes, say no more. Dish up a little flavor with a classic – skillet potatoes. Now these aren’t any old ‘taters, oh no! We’re talking flat irons skillet potatoes. You know, the kind that fills your kitchen with warm, nostalgic aromas that entice even your grumpy ol’ uncle? Absolutely!
I love standing close to my scorching hot flat iron skillet as I watch the golden sunrise hues dance across the potato slices. In they go, sizzling as they hit the iron, the start of a sensational culinary ballet!
Then, the secret weapon – that pinch of paprika that swoops in, much like the proverbial knight in shining armor, its bold red color blending seamlessly into the scenery. Next, a shower of savory garlic powder, coupled with a dash of salt and pepper. Simple, straightforward yet oh-so-delicious.
Don’t you just adore that crunch as you flip them, golden brown perfection on one side moving over for its twin to form on the other? Man alive, it’s like music to my ears!
What a hoot it is to witness the transformation of raw spuds into a masterpiece! One that gets your best friend drawing second helpings before you’ve even made a dent in your plate.
Sure, it’s not rocket science. But, it is an art, and one that tastes just as good as it looks. So, grab a pan, toss in some potatoes, and experience the joy of flat iron skillet potatoes. Seasoned with love and seared to perfection, you’ll be dancing a kitchen jig in no time. Now, isn’t that a real hoot? Hats off to you, skillet potato artiste!
Let’s Taste This Dish!
- Round up the supplies: 1 lb of potatoes, medium, washed and thinly sliced; 2 tablespoons of olive oil; 1 teaspoon of paprika; 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder; Salt and pepper to taste, 1 large flat iron skillet.
- Start by preheating your skillet over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil and let it shimmer.
- Slide in your sliced potatoes carefully to avoid oil splatter.
- Allow the potatoes to sear undisturbed for a few minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Gently flip each potato slice over with a spatula. Let the other side sear to golden brown.
- Sprinkle potatoes evenly with paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Give everything a good toss to fully distribute the spices.
- Allow potatoes to cook a few more minutes, occasional stirring, until they are crispy and fully cooked through.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve hot and enjoy the crispy culinary magic of your flat iron skillet potatoes.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Let us know on your social media platform of choice. Please use the hashtag #tastethisdish and let us know what you think!