Well, hold onto your aprons, foodies! I’m about to spill the beans on how you can whip up some scrumptious elevated French fries your buddies won’t believe! We’ve all heard that the secret’s in the sauce, but in this case, the spotlight’s on the spuds.
Now, I know what you’re thinking—French fries, really? But trust me folks, we’re not just talking about run-of-the-mill, ketchup-dipped cardboard sticks here. I mean, anyone can really just open a bag of frozen fries from the supermarket, right? Nah, we aim higher on Best Quick Meals!
What I’m proposing isn’t your average fry. These goodies are easy-peasy to prepare, yet look and taste like they’ve been stolen straight out of a gourmet bistro! I bet you’re up to your ears in anticipation. So, let’s get the ball rolling!
Kick off with fabulous Russet potatoes. Hearty, starchy, and downright magical, these babies are the heart and soul of our gastronomic escapade today. Slice them up thin, or chunk them up thick, whatever tickles your fancy.
Next, fill up your skillet with enough oil for the potatoes to swim around freely, and turn up the heat. You know the saying, if you can’t stand the heat… use a long-handled slotted spoon! While our chips are crisping up in there, mix up some rosemary, thyme, garlic, and sea salt. This is where it gets interesting.
Once our fries have gotten that beautiful golden complexion, isn’t that a sight for sore eyes, drain the oil off. Then hit ’em up with the seasoning, shaking them up in a large bowl to make sure every crispy fry gets its fair dose of flavor.
And voila! You’ve got yourself a super quick, ultra-delicious treat that could rival any food truck or hipster eatery. Pair these elevated fries with a garlic aioli dip or truffle ketchup, and you’ve got yourself a plate of crowd-pleasing magic.
Cooking isn’t rocket science, and with a little creativity, every home cook can do wonders from simple ingredients. It’s all about taking the everyday and turning it into the extraordinary. Did you ever think those plain old potatoes in your pantry could steal the show? Well, look at you now—leaping tall buildings in a single fry!
Remember, folks, not all heroes wear aprons, but they sure can cook. Stick around Best Quick Meals for more inspiring shortcuts and culinary delights, and in no time, you’ll be cooking up a storm in your very own kitchen!
- 4 Large Russet Potatoes
- Enough Vegetable Oil for Deep Frying
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons of Fresh Thyme
- Sea Salt to taste
- Start off by prepping your potatoes. Give them a good clean, and slice them up into the size and shape of your choosing.
- Rinically dry off the sliced potatoes, the less moisture, the crispier your fries will be.
- Ready your skillet by filling it up with enough vegetable oil to deep fry your potato slices. Make sure there’s plenty of room for your fries to swim around.
- Heat the oil to the point where a bit of potato sizzles immediately upon contact. Ensure your kitchen is well ventilated!
- Gently slide in your potato slices and let them deep fry until they turn a lovely shade of gold.
- While waiting for your fries to cook, mince the garlic and chop up the rosemary and thyme.
- Once your fries have achieved the desired color, fish them out with a slotted spoon and place them on a plate lined with kitchen paper, to drain the excess oil.
- Put your fries in a large bowl, toss in the minced garlic, chopped rosemary and thyme, and a sprinkle of sea salt. Give them a good shake to ensure they’re evenly coated.
- Serve your elevated fries immediately, ideally while they’re still steamy hot, with your choice of dip.