Banana cake, dear friends, is an old classic sure to strike a chord with anyone who has a soft spot for the gentle, sweet delight of this humble fruit. But if you’re anything like me and think that more is more, then brace yourselves for a swoon-worthy treat – we’re talking Double Banana Cake.
Baking is a blast, isn’t it? Especially, when by some wonderful stroke of luck, you discover luscious overripe bananas loitering in your fruit bowl. Sure as eggs, these bananas are your golden ticket to an all-out banana bonanza. Bananas on the inside, bananas on the outside, that’s the mantra for this recipe. My friends, it’s a bananza!
Now, as we all know, the first step to a sensational cake lies in creaming butter and sugar. With the labor of love going into the mix, the pair dance into a fluffy, gorgeous marriage, setting the stage for our beautiful banana invasion. This divine concoction becomes the backdrop to our masterpiece.
Once our double banana mission is afoot, that’s when things really start to heat up. With a dash of love and a generous sprinkling of excitement, we’re setting sail on a culinary adventure. We’ll be experimenting with layers, slicing bananas, sandwiching them between the cake, and slathering them on top. You may find you’ve accidentally made banana bread? Ah, don’t sweat; it’s all banana bliss at the end of the day.
Just imagine that first bite. Your tastebuds being sent to cloud nine, basking in a beautifully moist, flavorful, and dense slice of banana heaven. You’ve taken a humble banana cake, and given it a delightful twist. It’s pure magic.
So all you wizards of the kitchen, are you ready to try this? I’m positively bananas about this Double Banana Cake, and I’ve no doubt you’ll be too. Happy Baking, my fellow culinary adventurers. It’s time to taste the magic of this rich, banana-laden wonder! Go bananas for Double Banana Cake!
Let’s Taste This Dish!
- Round up these essential ingredients:
- 2 ripe bananas for the batter
- 2 ripe bananas for decoration
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and then grease and lightly flour a couple of 9-inch round cake pans.
- Take a large bowl and whisk together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until it turns light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, ensuring that you beat well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Mash two ripe bananas thoroughly in a different bowl. Fold them into the butter-sugar mixture.
- Gradually blend in the flour mixture. Alternate with buttermilk, starting and ending with flour. Mix until well incorporated.
- Split this batter evenly between your prepped cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the pans for approx. 10 minutes, then move them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, slice one of the cakes horizontally to create an extra layer.
- Meanwhile, slice two bananas and arrange them on top of the bottom cake layer. Then, use the second cake layer as a ‘sandwich’ and stack it on top.
- Now, top off the entire thing with your favorite icing or whipped cream if you like.
- Decorate the top of your Double Banana Cake with the final batch of sliced bananas and it’s ready to serve.
Now enjoy your delightful Double Banana Cake! It’s delectably dense, moist, and packed with banana goodness, a real treat for your taste buds!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Let us know on your social media platform of choice. Please use the hashtag #tastethisdish and let us know what you think!