By golly, who doesn’t relish a cracking plate of bacon and eggs in the morning? It’s a rustic, no-frills grub that has been kicking off our days for years on end. Still, as a seasoned kitchen adventurer at Taste This Dish, I fancy taking the ordinary and cranking it up a notch, making it extraordinary. Let’s embark on a journey to elevate the humble bacon and egg breakfast to a fancy feast, shall we?
Now, I’m not trying to teach anyone how to suck eggs here; there’s no rocket science in cooking these two ingredients. But, with a little extra pizzazz and a sprinkle of love, boy oh boy, you’re onto something special.
Let’s start with the star of the show – the bacon. Instead of hurling them into a pan willy-nilly, arrange them beautifully on a baking sheet. Chuck that into an oven preheated to 375 degrees, and treat them to a slow roast. The resulting bacon will be crispy, enveloped in smoky goodness, and ever so slightly sweet.
As for our humble eggs, we’re taking it up a few notches. Have you ever tried baking your eggs with cream, some shredded cheese, and a pinch of fresh herbs? It’s like a beautiful symphony swaying in your mouth.
But wait, there’s more! I slap on a swirl of heat with a touch of spicy aioli. Belting out breakfast on a plate, I tell you!
So, next time you’re wondering how to put a spin on the old bacon and eggs routine, think Creamy Baked Eggs with Crispy Oven-Baked Bacon – a lip-smacking masterpiece eager to please. Bugger off, plain old bacon and eggs!
Let’s Taste This Dish!
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Lay out your bacon strips on the baking sheet, ensuring they don’t overlap.
- Pop the sheet into the oven and let the bacon sizzle for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown to your liking.
- While the bacon is doing its magic in the oven, let’s turn our attention to the eggs.
- Choose a small, oven-safe dish, and drizzle the bottom with a splash of cream. Plop in your fresh eggs.
- Shred your favorite cheese (I’m partial to a good sharp cheddar myself!) on top of the eggs, then sprinkle with fresh herbs of your choice. A little thyme or chervil goes a long way here.
- Put the dish into the oven with the bacon for the last 10-12 minutes of cooking. The eggs should be set but still a tad jiggly – we want that yolk to be gloriously runny!
- Once the bacon is beautifully crispy, and the eggs nicely baked, remove from the oven and leave to cool off a bit.
- In the meantime, mix together a dollop of mayonnaise with a touch of your favorite hot sauce into an easy spicy aioli.
- Garnish the eggs with a little bit more fresh herbs, then serve with the delicious crispy bacon.
- Don’t forget that dollop of spicy aioli to get your taste buds dancing. Enjoy your elevated breakfast experience!
Did you make this recipe? Let us know on your social media platform of choice. Remember to use the hashtag #tastethisdish