Well hello, my fellow food lovers! I’ve been rummaging around my kitchen today, craving something that will make my taste buds do a happy dance. Now, I hear you wonder, what under the sun could do that? Welcome to my solution: a sultry, spicy pumpkin soup.
I must say, as the autumn leaves start to fall, you can’t help but fancy a bowl of something warm. And when it’s this pumpkin soup, boy, it’s like receiving a warm hug from the inside. Not to mention, the recipe is as easy as pie, and not nearly as rich!
Now, don’t throw caution to the wind by thinking this soup is going to be a bowl full of plain ol’ pumpkin, oh no! The surprise guest at this party is a punch of spice to give that pumpkin an extra kick, knocking those boring soups right out of the park.
Picture this: you, in your cozy slippers, stirring this heavenly concoction at your leisure, as a delicious aroma fills the home and your heart with joy. Before you know it, you’re tucking into a bowl of gold, each mouthful exploding with a gourmet fusion of warmth and spice. Yum!
And let it be our little secret that this spicy pumpkin soup, besides being a knock-out, is also healthy! But shush… we don’t want your friends and family thinking you’re serving ’em rabbit food now, do we?
So, what are you waiting for? Set your culinary spirit free, don your apron, and let’s raise the curtain on our spicy pumpkin soup summoning. And believe me, this dish will be the talk of the town before you know it. Roll up your sleeves, it’s time to add that spicy touch to your kitchen repertoire!
Let’s Taste This Dish!
Recipe for Spicy Pumpkin Soup:
- Begin by gathering the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (adjust to suit your spice level!)
- 1 medium-sized pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the finely chopped onion to the pot, cooking until translucent.
- Stir in the minced garlic, grated ginger, turmeric, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Let these ingredients roast for a couple of minutes until fragrant.
- Add the cubed pumpkin to the pot, stirring to coat in the spice mixture.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and crank the heat up to bring the pot to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and let the soup simmer until the pumpkin is tender, typically around 20-30 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender (or a traditional blender in batches) to purée the soup until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut milk, simmering for an additional 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh coriander.
- Enjoy your homemade Spicy Pumpkin Soup. Bon appétit!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Let us know on your social media platform of choice. Please use the hashtag #tastethisdish and let us know what you think!